The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) establishes minimum wage, overtime pay, recordkeeping and child labor standards affecting full-time and part-time workers in the private sector and in federal, state and local governments.
Conducting an FLSA review and properly documenting exemption decisions provides a safe harbor for organizations.
Issues to Be Considered:
- Are your employees properly classified under the FLSA rules and regulations?
- Will employees be owed overtime for previous work if their status changes from exempt to non exempt?
- Are job descriptions currently reflecting the actual duties, responsibilities and educational requirements of the position?
- Ensure job descriptions are thorough and up to date, capturing all relevant information; Compensation Resources can write or update job descriptions as necessary.
- Conduct an in-depth review of positions to determine if they are exempt or non exempt.
- Review current classifications and identify any misclassifications.
- Prepare drafts of communication materials to managers and/or employees regarding any changes to be made to their exemption status as a result of the review.
To further discuss your FLSA needs, please contact:
Mary A. Rizzuti, CCP, PHR, SHRM-CP
Sara D. Schmidt, CCP, PHR, SHRM-CP