QUICK LIST OF CORE SERVICES
BOARD OF DIRECTOR ADVISORY SERVICES
Compensation Resources, Inc. (CRI) has a wide range of expertise in assisting the board of directors and their compensation committees. We also provide support with the development of effective programs focused on director’s pay, retainers, and equity compensation.
Board of director compensation has evolved over the years; however, the last few years have seen some of the most dramatic changes in how companies compensate their boards. The most significant changes have come about as the focus has shifted to excesses in executive compensation and the board’s responsibility for controlling officers’ compensation when it is not justified by superior performance. The recent legislation and emphasis on board accountability has resulted in pressure on board members, and correspondingly has resulted in significant changes to board compensation.
As a result of Sarbanes-Oxley legislation, SEC proxy disclosure rules, investor and shareholder concerns, and intermediate sanctions (NFPs), many boards, committees and management personnel are searching for the right solutions for their compensation needs. Today’s shareholders are demanding a stronger correlation between performance and pay, and are demanding that compensation be tied to increased shareholder value. These are the key tenets to our approach to handling executive compensation and board remuneration.
CRI works with the boards of publicly traded organizations, privately held businesses and not-for-profit entities on a variety of executive and board compensation issues. We provide thoughtful, independent counsel to ensure that today’s solutions do not become tomorrow’s problems.
Our Services Include:
- Executive Compensation Evaluation (Base Pay, Bonus, Perks, Equity)
- Intermediate Sanctions – Competitive Market Analysis (Not-for-Profit Clientele)
- Market Pricing and Competitive Salary Benchmarking
- Executive Performance Review Policies and Processes
- Executive Stock Ownership and Retention Strategies
- Short-Term and Long-Term Incentive Design
- Stock Option and Equity Strategies
- Total Reward Strategies
- Change of Control, Severance and Executive Contracts
- Compensation Committee Consulting
- Board of Director Compensation Plan Review and Design
- Charter Development
- Independent Review of Management Compensation Proposals
- Pay Advisory Services
- Strategic Compensation Philosophy Development
- Education and Training Services
To discuss your company’s issues, do not hesitate to contact:
Paul R. Dorf, APD
Chairman, Managing Director
Harry J. Schum, MBA